The Value Express Scripts Delivers
A prescription drug doesn’t work if it’s priced out of reach. Express Scripts fights to ensure clients and consumers have access to safe, effective and affordable medications and life-sustaining or life-saving therapies.
Working on Client Terms & Defending Consumer Wallets
Express Scripts offers clients multiple options to support the unique needs of their populations. Clients have complete control and flexibility to choose their specific benefit design, network and pricing structure. Employers, health plans, labor unions, government organizations and many others partner with us because of the significant value we create by:
- Negotiating rebates and discounts from drug manufacturers and providing formulary management services
- Negotiating reimbursement rates and reduced fees with thousands of retail pharmacies nationwide to create industry-leading pharmacy networks
- Encouraging the use of generics, biosimilars and more affordable brand-name drugs
- Managing high-cost specialty medications with high-touch clinical care coordination
- Improving population health, reducing waste and increasing clinically appropriate medication adherence
Clients can use the savings we generate to reduce plan costs and insurance premiums, fund wellness programs, and deliver other benefits to their covered employees and dependents.
If we didn’t provide significant value for our thousands of partners, we wouldn’t exist.
Industry-leading and first-to-market innovations that matter
Patient Assurance Program
First in the industry to cap the cost of insulin at $25 for 30-day supplies
Copay Assurance Plan
$5 for generics & specialty generics, $25 for preferred brand drugs, $45 for preferred specialty brands under a client’s prescription drug benefit
Fully transparent client pricing model with 100% rebate and spread pass through – proven to drive lower drug trend & total medical costs
Expands rural health access via independent pharmacies – offering greater reimbursements and care services, while enhancing support with industry-first Independent Pharmacy Advisory Committee
Performance-based clinical solution driving $399 PMPY1 and gaps-in-care closures 14x faster2
Embarc Benefit Protection
Makes multi-million dollar gene therapies more affordable with $0.99 PMPM flat fee and $0 out-of-pocket cost
Value-based program that saved clients $6.4B3 in 2022 through lower medical & drug costs